- JSS Akshara Dasoha Yojane is being implemented since 2003-04 in collaboration with the Government of Karnataka, in Yelandur taluk, which is a backward taluk in Chamarajanagar district. Midday meals are supplied from a central kitchen to the students of 62 primary schools and 12 high schools in 33 villages in the taluk.
- Under the Akshara Dasoha Yojane, the Government of Karnataka is providing support at the rate of 100 gms of rice and Rs 2.69 for other expenses for each child studying in 1st to 5th standard and 150 gms. of rice and Rs. 4.03 for other expenses for children in 6th to 10th standard, on the basis of the actual number of students who are provided with midday meals every day.
Two buses transports midday meals, which is supplied among 8,504 children (6,212 primary school children and 2,292 high school children). To places which are not accessible by bus, food is transported in autos. 29 employees including a manager are incharge of this project. Expenditure for this project during the current financial year is Rs. 67.05 lakhs.
- In Mysuru city midday meals are prepared in Saraswathipuram and supplied to 2,220 students in 3 primary schools and 5 high schools run by JSSMVP. Five employees including a supervisor are managing this project.
- For 6 high schools run by JSSMVP in Chamarajanagar taluk, food is prepared in a Central Kitchen and supplied to 1,585 children. Seven employees are looking after this project
- In Kollegal taluk midday meals is prepared in Ramapur Centre and supplied to 1,064 children studying in two primary and four high schools. There are four employees including a supervisor, working in this project.
Under the JSS Akshara Dasoha Yojane, totally 13,373 children are being provided midday meals. JSSMVP is bearing the expenses over and above the grants provided by the government.