JSS Rural Development & Self Employment Training Institute
RUDSETI was established by JSSMVP in 2001-02 to transform unemployed youth into useful, productive and self-reliant entrepreneurs. RUDSETI has a 9.5-acre campus, four production cum training centres and residential facility to accommodate 80-100 persons. Since its inception, RUDSETI, is virtually brewing a silent revolution of sorts in the Backward District of Chamarajanagar in Karnataka. The centre has the know-how to identify potential areas of employment and local talent to establish and manage production centres.
Background to RUDSETI:
In India, thousands of rural youth are facing the problems of unemployment due to varied reasons like lack of access to technology, higher education, financial resources etc. Addressing the issue, JSSMVP, in association with the State Bank of Mysore, and the Dept. of Industries and Commerce, Govt. of Karnataka, is running a Rural Development and Self Employment Training Centre (RUDSETI) in Chamarajanagar.
One unique aspect at RUDSETI is that it offers post-training support to its candidates to help them overcome the hurdles of self-employment. RUDSETI believes in motivating the youth by imparting proper training through constant support.
Services offered by RUDSETI
- A joint effort of JSS Mahavidyapeetha and State Bank of India, with sponsorship from the Dept. of Industries and Commerce, GOK, SME, GOI, RDPR
- Established in the Year 2001-02.
- Having its own campus on a 9.5 acres plot with an investment of ` 6 crores with training facilities, residential accommodation (for 80-100 persons at a time), and four Production-cum-Training Centers.
- To bring in industrial activity in this most backward district of Southern Karnataka, initiatives have been taken to establish Agarabathi Production-cum- -Training Centre, with the support of VITC, GOK.
- Modern Craft production-cum-training centre, housing nearly 184 women, with the support of the M/s AEC Offshore Training Pvt. Ltd., exporting varieties of paper-made products to Australia and Europe.
- Production-cum-Training Centre in the area of Electronic Art Manufacturing, using Graphic Design, which employs nearly 15 candidates in collaboration with M/s Adwit Global, under a tie-up with the M/s Time Shamrock of USA, in collaboration with the VITC, Govt. of Karnataka.
- The Centre has the know-how to identify potential areas of employment, identifying the local talent to establish & manage production centres.
Objectives of RUDSETI:
- Empower rural youth and economically backward sections leading to the development of rural enterprises and entrepreneurship.
- Identify, orient, motivate, train and assist rural youth including tribal communities to attain sustainability and economic well being through rural entrepreneurship.
- Upgrade technical, agricultural, managerial and service delivery skills.
- Promote and train self-help groups.
- Identify, develop and transfer appropriate and sustainable rural technologies.
- Personality development for school and college students.
- Promote awareness and trigger use of non-conventional and energy efficient technologies.
The management team of RUDSETI :
Governing Council Meeting Members
|1||H.H. Jagadguru Sri Sri Shivaratri Deshikendra Mahaswamiji, President, JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore||
|2||Sri. C.G. Betsurmut, Executive Secretary, JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore||
|3||Prof. M.H. Dhananjaya, Director & Advisor (TED), JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore||
|4||Additional Director, Dept. of Industries & Commerce, GOK||
|5||Chief General Manager, State Bank of India, Bangalore||
|6||Chief Executive Officer, ZP, Chamarajanagar||
|7||Managing Director, KSWDC, Bangalore||
|8||CGM, NABARD, Bangalore||
|9||Director, JSS Jana Shikshana Samsthan, Mysore||
|10||Joint Director (P), JSS Mahavidyapeetha, TED, Mysore||
|11||Director, JSS Rudseti, Mariyala (Deputed from SBI)||
|12||Project Officer, JSS Rudseti, Mariyala (Deputed from JSS MVP)||
District Local Advisory Committee Meeting Members
|1||The Chief Executive Officer, Zilla Panchayath, Chamarajanagar||
|2||The Regional Manager, State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Region-IV, Ch-Nagar||
|3||The Joint Director (Projects), Office of Director-Technical, JSS Mahavidyapeetha, SJCE Campus, Mysore -6||
|4||The Lead District Manager, State Bank of India, Chamarajanagar||
|5||The Assistant General Manager, NABARD, Chamarajanagar||
|6||The Senior Assistant Director, Information Department, Chamarajanagar||
|7||The Project Director, Zilla Panchayath, Chamarajanagar||
|8||The Deputy Director, Women & Child Development Corporation, Zilla Panchayath, Chamarajanagar||
|9||The Principal, JSS ITI, Mariyala, Chamarajanagar||
|10||Director, JSS Rudseti, Mariyala, Chamarajanagar||
|11||The Project Officer, JSS Rudseti, Mariyala, Chamarajanagar||
|12||State Project Coordinator, Monitoring Cell for RSETIs National Academy of Rudseti, Bangalore||
|13||The Chief Manager, Lead Bank & RSETIs, SBI Local Head Office, Bangalore||
Advisory Committee is the policy making body. Sri Shivarathri Deshikendra Mahaswamiji is the President of JSS RUDSETI. The policies programs and projects are implemented through a Local Executive Committee. It comprises cross functional professionals representing State Bank of India, JSS Institutions, Government of Karnataka and NABARD. Officers drawn from the JSS Institutions and State Bank of India are vested with the management of the Institute.
The day-to-day management of the institute is with JSS Mahavidyapeetha. State Bank of India helps in managing the affairs of the institution. The institution has a core staff group supported by program co-ordinators and office staff.
Infrastructure at RUDSETI:
Nestled in a 9.24-acre campus in Mariyala, five Kilometers from Chamarajanagar, the Institute provides free Training, boarding, and lodging facilities with ample training materials with supported by a Audio-visual lab and a Library.
The institute has:
- Administration Block and Training facilities.
- Dormitory and Boarding facilities.
- Training-cum-Production Centers.
Programs Undertaken at RUDSETI :
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES (EDPs):
Aspiring candidates to become entrepreneurs are selected and given training and useful inputs in the area of change management, technical skills, financial management and marketing of products and services by experts and professionals who have a good experience in starting and running a business enterprise.
- Agriculture EDPs.
- Dairy Management.
- Mushroom cultivation.
- Comprehensive horticulture.
- Product EDPs:
- Agarbathi Manufacturing.
- Dress Designing.
- Rexine Utility Articles.
- Cane Products.
- Multi Products manufacturing.
- Bakery Products.
- Leaf Plate making.
- Footwear making.
- Process EDPs :
- Computer Hardware.
- Desk Top Publishing ( DTP ).
- Motor Rewinding & Pumpset repair.
- Radio & TV repair.
- Photography & Videography.
- Beauty Parlour management.
- Tractor repair.
- Multi-purpose mechanism.
- Screen Printing & Commercial Arts.
- Domestic Electrical Appliances repair.
- Computer Tally, etc.,
- General EDPs.
- EDP for the beneficiaries of PMRY, PMEGP, KVIC and KVIB.
- Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programme (REDP).
- EDP for women.
2. ADVANCED SKILL TRAINING:
Special programs are organized in collaboration with various sponsoring agencies (both govt. and private) to impart various technical skills to youths leading to employment or self-employment.
- Skill Up-Gradation Programmes: Designed to impart advanced skills to the entrepreneurs to keep abreast with the changing market trends. Eg. Fashion designing, Jari work, etc.,
- Development Programmes: Advanced training, business counseling and hand holding rural entrepreneurs to gain confidence, establish, grow and attain sustainability.
3. Rural Development Programmes:
- Training Self Help Groups (SHGs) in SHG concept, Book-keeping, Micro credit management, Gender aspects, Communication, Leadership etc.,
- NGO capacity building.
- Personality Development Programmes to school/college students and youth.
- Promotion of science and technology through science camps workshops.
4. Human Resource Development (HRD) Programmes.
Tailor-made programs are organized for the staff and employees of various organizations in the district. They can be
- Sensitization programmes to Government and Bank Officers.
- Advanced capacity building of NGO functionaries.
- Soft skills training to ITI and Polytechnic staff.
5. Technology Transfer Programmes
- Introduction of costs –effective, client-centered and eco-friendly technology like community toilets, solid waste management, ASTRA chulla and computer application.
- Collaboration with research institutes like Krishi Vignana Kendra, CFTRI, etc.,
- Demonstration of appropriate technology like bio-diesel, etc.,
Methodology to train RUDSETI candidates:
- Group discussion and presentations
- Interface with support system
- Field visits
- Experience sharing
- Role Play
- Case studies
- Business simulation exercises
- Action Practice
Resource Persons visiting RUDSETI:
- Officers of the institute are trained by reputed national level organizations.
- Trainer-motivator-facilitators from Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park (STEP), Krishi Vignan Kendra, Jana Shikshan Samasthan, community polytechnic, Rural Development Foundation, nodal centre for entrepreneurship and Management Development and renowned consultants add value to the programmes.
Eligibility for enrolment at RUDSETI:
Youth having attitude and aptitude to take self-employment/employment between the age group of 18-35 years ability to read and write local language. Eligibility criteria for candidates attending rural development, HRD, and technology transfer programmes are determined in consultation with the sponsoring agency.
Post-Training Services at RUDSETI:
One of the most important aspects of JSS RUDSETI is the post-training escort services up to two years to maintain sustained motivation level among the trainees and overcome teething problems of budding entrepreneurs through Credit linkage with banks and Business linkages through
- Individual Contact
- Unit Visits
- Village/Taluk/District level meetings
- Regular follow-up meetings
- Regular correspondence
- Market linkage
The Centre for Management Studies in the campus functions as a resource center for conducting survey and action research to design and develop need-based entrepreneurship training programs.
Programmes offered at RUDSETI:
- Training-cum-Production Centers
Chamarajanagar, being one of the most backward districts of the southern region had no industrial culture during early 2000. Efforts were needed to bring in an industrial culture through infusing few industrial activities in the city of Chamrajnagar. JSS RUDSETI took this initiative of luring some of the industrialist/entrepreneurs to start their activity through joint effort which resulted in the emerging of Training Cum Production Centers. The institution has set up the following Training Cum Production Centers which has started slowly changing the work culture of the people.2
- Modern Craft Training Cum Production Centre
JSS RUDSETI has entered into an MOU with M/s AEC Offshore trading Private Limited, an Australian based company. After procuring orders, handicraft items are prepared and sent to various countries of Europe and Australia. This has provided employment opportunities for more than 250 rural unemployed women round the year. The institute has set up satellite centers in the adjoining blocks of villages at Harave and Thalavadi
- Training Cum Production Centre in the area of Electronic Art Manufacturing
Observing the continuous demand for graphic designs in Advertising agencies, a state of art facility has been set up in collaboration with Adwit Global India Ltd,. Bangalore to train and employ 100 rural literate youths. In this direction, nearly 80 candidates have been trained of which 21 candidates are provided with employment and 21 candidates are undergoing 3 months training programme at the centre.
- Bamboo Manufacturing
With the financial support from Vishveshvaraiah Industrial Trade Centre(VITC), Government of Karnataka, the Institute has established a facility to take up training and manufacturing of Bamboo-based products. At Present we are producing the sample sticks which are using for Agarabatthi making.
- Supporting Organizations
NIMSME – National Institute for Micro, Small, Medium Entrepreneur
NABARD – National Bank for Agriculture & Rural development
ZP & TP – Zilla Panchayat & Taluk Panchayat
DIC – District Industries & Commerce
KSWDC – Karnataka state women development corporation
KBCD – Karnataka Backward community development
KVIC – Khadi and village industries corporation
KVIB – Khadi and village industries Board
JSS RUDSETI Administrative Block Inauguration Function Photos
JSS RUDSETI -Training Cum Production Center Inauguration Function Photos
JSS RUDSETI, Mariyala, Chamarajanagar – 571 313,
Phone No.: Office: 08226 230140, 7760202428, 9663757266
Email Address: email@example.com