JSS School of Nursing, B.R. Hills Road, Chamarajanagar
JSS School of Nursing, B.R. Hills Road, Chamarajanagar was established in the year 2004 and is attached to the JSS Hospital, Chamarajanagar which has 100 beds and also to the District Hospital Chamarajanagar which has 300 beds with different departments and equipment. The School is recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi, Karnataka State Nursing Council (KSNC), Bengaluru and Karnataka State Diploma Nursing Examination Board, Bengaluru and is approved by the Government of Karnataka. Our School is located at the heart of the city. It has an eco-friendly campus with well-furnished laboratories, spacious classrooms, computerized library as well as other necessary infrastructural facilities. Also, we have well-experienced, excellent, dedicated faculty who strive for student success and achievement.
Philosophy of the School
We believe in,
- The formal Nursing Education should be based on sound educational principles as the foundation on which the practice of nursing is built, and on which further education depends
- To impart the knowledge and skills most relevant to the health care needs of the community and the country as a whole.
- Preparing nurses who will function as health team members for a first level position in the hospital and the community
- It is essential to practice for a student to develop communication skills and interpersonal relation
- The overall development of the students in order to face the new challenges and modern technologies in medical science.
- Developing programmes based on sound educational learning and scientific principles, emphasizing more on clinical and community practices.
- Providing a strong basic foundation which will enable nurses for further professional growth and development.
Nursing is a dynamic profession built upon a foundation of art and science. Nurses are an essential part of the healthcare system and society. Nurses require special knowledge, preparation and skill, in their profession. They must have adequate training during the course, so our school is aimed towards providing quality education and prepare nurses for rendering comprehensive nursing care to individual, family and community.
To Prepare Nurses,
- To develop an ability to think and act independently and to accept responsibility as an individual, a nurse and a citizen.
- To develop skills and attitude necessary to planning and carrying out comprehensive Nursing care for a sick person of all ages in the community.
- To function as health member for various position in the hospital and community.
- To demonstrate effective communication skills when dealing with people at all levels.
- To provide effective nursing care with professional competency using the nursing process to people of all ages in a variety of settings in health and illness.
- To work collaboratively with members of allied disciplines and community towards attaining optimum health for all the members of the society.
- To accept responsibility for continuing professional education and contribute for professional growth and development.
- To apply and practise moral and ethical values in day-to-day personal and professional life.
- Course offered: General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
- Academic Year: September to August.
- Last date of regular admission – 31st August every year. The waiting list and other admission process should be completed by September every year.
- Annual examination will be held in the month of August every year. Announcement of the result in the month of November.
- Application will be issued every year in the month of May-June i.e., after announcement of II PUC results.
- Application fee – Rs.200.00.
- Government seats -10% of the total intake ie -06.
- Management seats-54 seats.
- Eligibility Criteria
- All those who have passed regular 10+2 or II PUC with 40% Marks from any recognized board. However Science is preferable.
- Single female/male candidates of good character and medically fit between the age 17-35 years are eligible for admission.
- Candidates are admitted once a year in the month of August.
- 5% of total marks is relaxed for SC/ST Candidates.
- The Duration of Course is 3 years.
- Nursing Arts lab
- Nutrition lab
- Community lab
- MCH lab
- Computer lab
- Well-furnished library with a qualified librarian.
- JSS School of Nursing has various and good collection of books. However, it subscribes for more research and Nursing Journals.
- Clinical training
- Practical training in District Hospital, Chamarajanagar.
- Practical training in JSS Hospital, Chamarajanagar.
- Specialty training in JSS Hospital, Mysuru.
- A well furnished hostel for female students.
- of rooms-50, Dining hall, equipped kitchen and store.
- SNA: The Student Nurses association aims for reaping the best Nurses by sowing the seeds right from the student period. It works to provide opportunity for the students to express and enhance their potentialities in various curricular and co-curricular activities. The SNA gives wide opportunity for the students to develop their talents and skills in extracurricular activities. It also helps in development of leadership ability. SNA activities of our college include the following:
- Organising and participating in all National Health programmes.
- Celebration of State and National festivals.
- Annual cultural and literary meet (UTSAV) and Annual sports meet (SPARDHA).
- Freshers day (AAGAMA) and Farewell.
- Organising and participating in various Health Camps.
- Teachers day.
- Nurses day.
- Lamp lighting and Oath taking ceremony
- Conducting staff development programme regularly.
- Swaach Bharath Abhiyan Committee.
- Swaach Bharath related events at various places.
- Placement services.
- Alumni day.
Mr.Vinay Kumar G
|Specialization||Community Health Nursing|
|Specialization||Child Health Nursing|
Non Teaching Staffs
JSS School of Nursing
JSS Women’s College Campus
B.R.Hills Road, Chamarajanagar-571313
Phone No :08226-225139
Fax No :08226-225139