Global Incubation Services(GINSER), Banglore
Global Incubation Services (GINSERV) is a state-of-art Technology Business Incubator. It has been promoted by JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore, one of India’s largest educational organization, with the support of National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
GINSERV was established in 2010 and has a floor area of about 55,000 sq. ft. that is distributed over four floors of the building. Ginserv has a capacity to incubate more than 70 companies at any given time. Like any other technology business incubator, it is focused towards the creation, nurture, and growth of innovative technology-driven start-up companies or fledgling companies by offering a range of support platforms and services specially designed to suit the requirements of such ventures in their initial years of existence.
GINSERV has created an ideal incubation ecosystem for the start-up companies in the incubator by bringing in the desired catalysts for the incubation process. Some of the elements of the ecosystem are the following:
- Accelerator within the incubator: GINSERV has an accelerator programme within the premises.
- The Indian Angel Network (IAN) office (Bangalore) is located within the premises of Ginserv and a MoU has been signed with the IAN to help Ginserv Incubatees in funding.
- Joint workshops are organized for the Entrepreneur community, mentoring services through the IAN mentors for the incubated companies, hand holding companies for preparation of angel investments are part of the scope of the MOU.
- Ginserv is a member of the following entrepreneurial promoters:
- TiE Bangalore
- Open Coffee Club
Regular events are organised in association with these bodies in the Ginserv auditorium with participation from start-ups from Bangalore
- The NASSCOM is located within the premises providing guidance and help to the incubating software companies.
- Regular investor meetings are held to create an opportunity for the incubating companies to present their proposals to the investors
- Availability of a panel of mentors to guide and advice the start-up to achieve growth
All these efforts have created a favourable ecosystem for the incubating companies to get timely funding and other assistance for their growth.
SOFT-LANDING COMPANIES: These companies are promoted by NRIs or a Foreigner and bring new technologies with an India centric focus. Helps to: Train Indian manpower in new technology, enable collaborations with local Entrepreneurs and bring new knowledge of start-ups to the Incubator
Indian Start-Ups: Innovative Indian technology companies that have good potential for growth not just in domestic markets but also International markets
SALIENT Achievements in 7 years
- Number of start-ups incubated since 2010 – 127
- Number graduated so far – 64
- Start-ups in residence – 63
IPOs, Acquisition list of GINSERV Incubatees
- Evergreen gets acquired by ViaSat
- Commonfloor gets acquired by QuiKr.com
- Meshlabs gets successfully acquired by Pega Systems
- Krivi Semiconductor gets acquired by Invecas
- Vios Medical gets acquired by Murata Manufacturing
- Analog Semiconductor gets acquired by Tessolve Semiconductors
- Revenue over $ 200m generated by 51 successful companies
- 63 Resident companies generating over $ 50 m.
- 2000+ jobs have been created by graduate companies
- 549 persons are employed in the resident companies.
Recognition by the Start-Up Companies
- Carbon Clean solution received an award in China for their efforts in CO2 separation technology
- Gocoop , an innovative social venture into co-operatives was awarded for the best innovation in the country
- InUIT Technologies won DST Lockheed Martin India Innovation Award
- Lumos Design Technology, the winner of WEQ contest held by Anita Borg Institute, made it to the top 5 in the amazing women business category.
- Plackal Techno-systems was identified as “TOP TECH 30” companies in a survey by YourStory. The company’s Lovecycles App was adjudged the best app at Android app Expo 2015
- Scheme Central was awarded the winner in the competitions “Antha Prerana” held by Tie.
Awards & Recognition for GINSERV
- Global Incubation Services is ranked 7th among the top 100 incubators in India by “Entrepreneur” Magazine 2017.
- GINSERV received the “Smart Incubator Award 2018″ from India Smart Grid Forum (Award level Diamond)
- The UBI Global, a research and analysis body for university-linked incubators in the world, located in Stockholm, Sweden has ranked Ginserv as “World Top Business Incubator-Affiliated with University” in its survey of 2017-18. GINSERV has the 9th rank among the top 10 incubators of the world.
- The final participants were selected after assessing 1370 programs, 259 of these programs, located in 53 countries, were retained for the benchmark. The 259 assessed programs were compared by utilizing 21 key performance indicators (KPIs) identified by the research literature. These KPIs form the base of the seven-subcategory scores, which in turn form the scores in the following three main categories used to calculate the individual Program Impact and Performance Scores (PIPS) for all benchmarked university-linked incubators and accelerators