JSS School of Nursing, M.G.Road, Mysuru
The kind of selfless service aimed at welfare of all is said to be the noblest one. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara Mahavidyapeetha, established by the Jagadguru Sri Veerasimhasana Peetha, Suttur, is committed to this idea ever since it came in to inception by HH Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji, in 1954.
Jagadguru Sri Veerasimhasana Math has pioneered in sponsoring educational institutions under JSS Mahavidyapeetha. Presently there are more than 320 institutions under its umbrella and the JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru is one among them.
JSS School of Nursing was started in the year 1988 and is attached to the JSS Hospital, which has 1,100 beds with all the departments and equipment. Students from all parts of the country and even outside the country can get admission here.
- Duration : 3 ½ years
- Intake : 45
- Management seats : 41
- Govt. seats : 04
Eligibility for Admission
- Pass in 2nd P.U.C or 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum 40 per cent aggregate marks
- Preference will be given to science students and meritorious candidates.
- Candidates from other disciplines, such as Arts and Commerce are also admitted.
- Age 17 – 35 years
- Good furnished hostel for girls
- Medical insurance for students
- Can become member of SNA and TNAI
- Well-furnished laboratories
- Well-stocked library with books
- Clinical facilities in JSS medical college and hospital with 1100 beds
- Computer coaching
- Participation in all National Health Programmes
- School Day and Lamp Lighting Ceremony
- International Nurses Day
- Celebration of State /National festivals
- International World Women’s Day
- Cultural Competitions
- Quiz, debate and essay competition
- Sports competition.
- Students activities, Medical Health, NSS NCC etc.: Students enrolled in Students Nurses Association & Trained Nurses Association of India
- Placement & training – After training they will get opportunities to work across the globe, especially in USA, UK, etc.