JSS School of Nursing, M.G.Road, Mysuru
To implement the learned knowledge and to develop confidence in providing skilled care to patients, students are posted to our parent hospital i.e., JSS Hospital of 1800 beds with all specialty areas like Cardiology, Neurology, Urology, OBG, Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery etc. equipped with latest equipments and gadgets.
JSS School of Nursing
JSS School of Nursing was established in the year 1988, in the JSS Hospital premises. The school is recogniged by the Karnataka State Nursing Council, Bengaluru and Indian Nursing Council New Delhi. It is affiliated to Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board, Bengaluru. It has state-of-the-art equipments to train students. Students from all parts of the country and outside the country can get admission here.
- To be recognized as one of the premier centre for nursing education
- To produce the next generation of nursing leaders empowered to focus on rapidly changing health care environment.
- To provide innovative, caring and learning environment
- To acquire expertise in nursing the patients also get first-hand experience by assisting the treating clinicians.
- To demonstrate ability in self-awareness, self-evaluation in personal and professional life.
Year of establishment: 1988
- Success of students reflects the quality of education. Our students have secured 1st place in I, II and III year K.S.D.N.E.B. examination during August 2017 at District level and were awarded with cash prize and memento.
- Our School has won the overall championship at the cultural competition held at Suttur in the month of January 2018.
Course offered: Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (Diploma in GNM)
Duration: 3 Years
Intake: 100 per annum
- Management seats : 90
- Government seats : 10
Eligibility for admission:
- Pass in 2ndU.C. or 10+2 examination with minimum 40 per cent aggregate marks in Science/Arts/Commerce
- Must study English as a core subject
- Candidates from State Open School recognized from state Government and National Institute of Open School recognized by central government.
- Candidates must medically fit.
- Age: 17-35 Years
- Applications will be issued in the month of April/May every year and may be obtained from the office by paying Rs. 200/- in person or Demand Draft of Rs.300/- in favour of the Principal, JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru to send by post.
- Well ventilated, spacious classrooms equipped with LCD projectors and screen.
- Well experienced, qualified, dedicated teaching staff
- Mentorship programme: Certain personal and psychological problems will be attended by mentors through counseling and guidance.
- State of the art class rooms and laboratories
- The campus is under the surveillance of CCTV
- Well stocked library with books
- Health insurance is provided to students subject to membership.
- The O.P. and I.P. services can be availed under this scheme except the drugs, consumables and special investigations.
- Accident insurance scheme is mandatory for all students by paying prescribed annual premium.
- English coaching class is conducted for students to improve their English speaking ability and personality development.
- Basic Life Support class with Certificate is provided for all out going students
- Students are trained to conduct health surveys and camps at the community.
- Career opportunities: can pursue higher studies like Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, Post basic Diploma or certificate courses etc.
- Placement opportunities – After training they have global opportunities to work in reputed hospitals.
- Well maintained, furnished good hostel for females (a home away from home) with round the clock supervision by a lady warden.
- Students who stay in the hostel have to follow disciplines of hostel
- A written permission has to be obtained from the Principal before staying out or going to out stations.
- No valuables are permitted to keep in the rooms. In case of loss, the hostel/school authorities or management is not responsible.
1. Participation in National health programmes
2. Conducting Soft skill training programme:
3. School Day and Oath taking ceremony
School Day and Oath taking ceremony of 30th batch was celebrated on 16.2.2018 in Dr. Rajendra Centenary auditorium. The programme was commenced with invocation song by Kum. Laseena. The Chief Guest Dr. S. Rahdamani, Director and Dean, Mysore Medical College & Research Institute in her inaugural address stated that nursing is one of the noble profession, all nurses have to give importance in their profession i.e, Attitude, Behaviour, Communication and Documentation. Mrs. Janet Mathias, D.C.N.S., JSS Hospital had come as a special invitee offered light of knowledge to the budding students. Sri R. Mahesh, Director, Medical Education Division, JSSMVP in his presidential address stated that there is a great demand for nurses across the globe and JSS Institute is offering quality education. Mrs. Renukadevi D.N. , Vice Principal welcomed the gathering, Mr. S.G. Shashidhara Kumar, Principal offered oath to the newly admitted students. Mrs. Manasa M. has delivered vote of thanks and Mrs. Neetha S. Dalvi compeered the programme.
4. School Health programme
Personal hygiene and environmental hygiene are key elements in improving the standard of health. To bring awareness among school students of Devalapura village hand washing technique was demonstrated on 28.3.2018. Also, personal hygiene, prevention of water borne diseases and importance of maintaining swacchata was explained
5. International Nurses Day celebration:
International Nurses Day was jointly celebrated by JSS School of Nursing, College of Nursing and Hospital on 9th June 2018. Dr. Sacchidananda. S., Director, Medical Education Department and Mr. Sreekanth B. Pulari, Registrar, Karnataka State Nursing Council , Bengaluru have come as chief guests, Dr. (Col) Dayananda, Director, JSS Hospital was the Special Invitee. Sri R. Mahesh, Director, Medical Education Division, JSS MVP has presided over the function. Mr. Sreekanth B. Pulari was felicitated for his contribution to nursing as a Registrar.
6. Conducting workshops/Lecture sessions for teachers
A lecture session was organized on 10.7.2018 regarding Speech, language and Hearing disorders and professional voise user. The topic was presented by JSS Speech and Hearing Lecturer Mr. Harshan Kumar H.S. and has explained the common speech and hearing disabilities, importance of screening, diagnosing and prompt treatment which helps in reducing the percentage of disability among public.
7. Basic Life Support Training programme
B.L.S. is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest and it needs high quality cardio pulmonary resuscitation. To develop confidence and skills in taking care of such victims B.L.S. training was organized to 28th batch students on 5th and 6th September 2018 . It was conducted by Tech2people and health care Private Limited in collaboration with American Heart Association. Mr. Krishnakumar M.P., Mr. Akhil Vishwanath from AHA and Dr. Akkamahadevi, Pro. & H.O.D. of Emergency Medicine, JSS Hospital have trained the students.
8. Participation in swacchata abhiyaan
To bring awareness and to practice swacchata in day to days life, a periodical swacchata abhiyaan is carrying out in the campus and outside the campus. On 29.9.2018 we have conducted swacchata abhiyaan from foot of chamundi hill to top along with 250 students and staff. The programme was inaugurated at 7.00 a.m. by Mr. K.H. Jagadish, Commissioner, Mysuru City Corporation. Dr. D.G. Nagaraju, Health Officer, Mysuru City Corporation was present along with his staff. During the abhiyaan about 12 bags of plastic waste was collected and disposed off.
9. Mental Health Day Celebration
World Mental Health day 2018 was celebrated on 12.10.2018 at Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Bhavana by JSS School of Nursing in association with Indian Psychiatric Society Combat Depression Task Force. Smt. H. R. Radha, District Judge came as chief guest in her inaugural address stated that life is very precious, we should not end our life by ourselves but has to be created in a positive way. The other chief guest Mr. Krishnaprasad has said that we have to understand the feelings of mentally ill health person and have to show love and affection. Dr. S.K. Ghori, Dy. Medical Superintendent, JSS Hospital, Mysuru has presided over the function.
In connection with Mental Health Day an essay competition was conducted the first, second and third places were bagged by Ms. Vasantha S., JSS School of Nursing, Chamarajanagar, Ms. Shobhalatha, JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru and Ms. Sarala S.N., Govt. School of Nursing, K.R. Hospital, Mysuru respectively. The cash award for the winners was sponsored by Minds United for Health Sciences and Humanity Trust, Mysuru
Dr. C. Naveen Kumar, Additional Professor, NIMHANS, and Dr. M. Kishor, Asso. Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry, JSS Hospital, Mysuru have delivered talks on ‘Suicide reporting in press and media’ and ‘ Young people and Mental health in a changing world’ respectively.
10. World Diabetes day celebration
A Diabetes screening camp and exhibition was organized at Someshwarapura on 14.11.2018. About 150 people have undergone diabetes screening test, about 50 peoples’ blood sugar level was above the normal, they have been advised to undergo further investigations , type of food to consume and change in lifestyle.
11. Celebration of Kannada Rajyotsava and 103rd Jayanthi Mahotsava of Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji
Our school, JSS College of Nursing, Institute of Speech and Hearing and College of Physiotherapy jointly celebrated 63rd Kannada Rajyotsava and 103rd Jayanthi Mahotsava of Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji on 16.11.2018. The Chief Guest of the function Mr. Chatnalli Mahesh a well known orator and litterateur had explained about the importance of kannada and remembered the contributions of Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahawamiji’s to society. The young artist and flutist Sri Neetu Ninad enthralled the audience with sweet kannada melodious songs. Mr. R. Mahesh, Dirctor, Medical Education Division, JSS Mahavidyapeetha has presided over the function
12. World AIDS day celebration
To bring out awareness among publics in regard to H.I.V and AIDS, a documentary film on H.I.V and AIDS was arranged in Ayarahalli and Devalapura villages on 1.12.2018. Before screening the film, a rally was organized.
13. Participation in extra- curricular and co-curricular activities like Quiz, Debate, Essay and cultural competitions
Our School has won the overall championship in the cultural competition held at Suttur in the month of January 2018.
14. Ethnic day celebration:
1. Report on Induction Programme
Induction programme for the First year GNM students admitted during the year 2019-20 was conducted on 5.8.2019 at Dr.SriShivarathriRajendraBhavana.
The programme was inaugurated by Principal Sri S.G. Shashidharakumar and Vice Principal Smt.D.N.Renukadevi along with Co-coordinator, Co coordinator and representatives of fresh batch.
Principal Sri S.G. Shashidharakumar congratulated the parents and students for being the part of JSS School of Nursing. Later there was a presentation regarding the school, Infrastructure, faculty,curriculum,Library,clinical facilities and hostel to the gathering.Documents of the students were verified by the teachers.
Mrs.Neetha Dalvi.S welcomed the gathering,Invocation was done by Ms. Harsha and Ms.Thulasamma H.V., vote of thanks was proposed by Mrs.Priyaranjani N.
2. 73rd Independence Day 2019
JSS Health science Institutions have celebrated the 73rd Independence day on 15/8/2019 at 8.30am.
The programme was inaugurated by Col. Ramachandra along with Sri R. Mahesh, Director, JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Dr. P. Nataraj, Director, JSS Institution of Speech and Hearing, Dr. Suma, Principal, JSS Institution of Speech and Hearing, Prof. Sheela Williams, Principal, JSS College of Nursing, Dr. Kavitha Raja, Principal, JSS College of Physiotherapy, Sri S.G. Shashidhara Kumar, Principal, JSS School of Nursing and Sri Shivalingaiah, Superintendent, JSS Differently Abled Working Womens’ and students’ hostel.
Chief Guest Col. Ramachandra in his address motivated the students to adopt leadership qualities to become good leaders and citizens. He encouraged the students to inculcate discipline, promptness and self confidence in their life.
Sri R. Mahesh in his presidential address, explained about freedom fighters and their contribution to get independence, also he said the celebration of Independence day should not be for a day but it should be celebrated every day by being a good citizen of nation.
Cultural programme was given by the students of four institutions.
JSS School of Nursing has bagged Rolling trophy for excellent March past.
The programme was anchored by Mr. M. Chandrashekar, Ms. Pallavi welcomed the guests and gathering and Vote of thanks was proposed by Mrs. K.V. Manjula.
3. World Blood Donor’s Day 2019
Inauguration of voluntary blood donation camp by Shri Srihari Dwarakanath
World Blood Donor’s Day celebration was jointly organized by Blood bank, Department of Pathology JSS Hospital and Medical College, JSS School of Nursing and JSS College of Nursing, Mysuru on 14.6.2019 at Sri Rajendra centenary auditorium.
The Blood donation camp and programme was inaugurated by Shri Srihari Dwarakanath, Chairman Project Consult (Pvt) along with Dr. H. Basavanagowdappa, Principal, JSS Medical College, Dr. P. A. Kushalappa, Director (Academics) JSS AHER, Dr. M. Guruswamy, Medicall Superintendent, JSS Hospital, Dr. G. B. Manjunath, Vice – Principal JSS Medical College, Prof. SheelaWilliams, Principal, JSS College of Nursing and Sri S. G. Shashidhara Kumar, Principal JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru.
Chief Guest Dr. H. Basavanagowdappa in his address has shared his personal experience of blood donation and motivated the young generation for active participation in blood donation.
Dr. P. A. Kushalappa said that every human being should donate blood to attain accomplishment.
Mother of Thalassemia children expressed their gratitude to JSS Hospital blood bankunit for the timely management of blood for their children.
Sri Srihari Dwarakanath opined that in this universe anyone can become a blood relative to anyone by voluntary blood donation also he motivated youths to donate without any expectation.
Dr. D. Pallavi had given lecture on importance of blood donation and voluntary registration for blood donation.
Dr. Manjunthshetty spoke about Organ donation and it’smyths. The programme was concluded with vote of thanks by Dr. Namratha.
4. Report of Suttur cultural Feb-2019
On account of suttur jatra mahotsava 2019, we had interinstitutional cultural competition on 2.2.2019 at suttur. Our students participated in 05 events like Solo classical song, Vachanadharithanruthy, Group folk dance, Group classical dance. They got 4 first prizes and 1 second prize. The total score was 48 out off 50. We got overall championship for the 3rd time. The overall programme was Coordinated by Mrs. Manasa H. S. Nursing Tutor, JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru.
5. Report of Suttur Exhibition Feb-2019
On account of suttur jatra mahotsava 2019, we had interinstitutional Exhibition competition from 1.2.2019 to 6.2.2019 Our students exhibited models on AIDS and substance abuse, Data collection was done on the topic Alcohol abuse from 40 samples . The Exhibition Co ordinated by Mrs. Manjula K. V. Nursing Tutor, JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru.
6. School day and Oath Taking Ceremony
JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru celebrated School day and Oath Taking ceremony on 30.1.2019 at 3.30pm at sriRajendra Centenary Auditorium
Chief guest Smt. Pushpalatha Jagannath, Mayor Mysuru City Corporation inaugurated the programme. In herinaugural address, she appreciated the discipline and punctuality of JSS Institutions and admired the contribution of nurses to the society.
Special invitee Smt. Janet Mathias, Deputy Chief of Nursing Services offered lamp to students and congratulated the students for having selected nursing profession and choosen JSS School of Nursing for their studies. She also explained the extending and expanding roles and responsibilities of nurses in different areas.
President of the programme, Sri. R. Mahesh Director, Medical Education Division, JSS Mahavidyapeetha has explained about the Quality education given by JSS Institutions and assured the parents that their wards will become good nurses.
Ms. Shobhalatha C. III year student expressed student opinion, Ms. Harsha and Ms. Pruthvi sung invocation song. Smt. Neetha Dalvi S. Tutor welcomed gathering, Smt. Renukadevi D.N. Vice Principal, recited Oath to I year students. Vote of thanks was proposed by Smt. Manasa M., Tutor and programme was compared by Mrs. Priyaranjani N., Tutor.
7. 70th Republic Day Report
70th Republic day was celebrated at JSS institution premises by all the five institutions VIZ JSS SON, CON, Speech and Hearing, CPT and differently abled working womens and students on 26.1.2019 at 9am.
The chief guest was Brig Vinod Kumar Adappa. The program of escorting guest, flag hoisting and march past was organized by Mr. Mahendra, Phys. Ed JSS CPT. The march past had 04 contingents one each from respective Colleges ( JSS CON (Saffron)), JSS ISH (White), JSS SON (blue) JSS CPT (green). Each Contingent was followed by students dressed to represent the 29 states of India.
Next the Chief guest addressed the gathering and shared his experience in the Army life. He also motivated youngsters regarding safe guarding India and principles to be followed.
The gathering was welcomed by MssVidya, Asst lecturer JSS CON. The cultural programme was organized by Smt. Manasa H S JSS School of Nursing.The vote of thanks was given by Sri. Harsha ,Asstproff JSS ISH. The master of ceremony was Smt. Sharvani Asst prof. JSS CPT.
8. Report of Annual Sports meet 2018-2019
We Conducted Annual Sports meet on 20.1.2019 on behalf of school day and oath taking ceremony. The programme was inaugurated by Smt. Renukadevi D.N., Vice principal, JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru. Ravikumarand Prabhuswamy, Physical education teachers, JSS institutions. The events were shot put, discuss Throw, 100mtr, 200mtr, and 800mtr, relay, throw ball and volley ball. The overall trophy was won by 2nd years. The programme was Coordinated by Mr. Mahadevaswamy R. K. Senior Nursing Tutor and Mr. Praveen kumar S.N. Nursing Tutor JSS School of Nursing, Mysuru.
9. Report of Annual Cultural competition 2018-2019
Annual cultural competition Abhivyakthi 2018-19 was held on10th and 11th January 2019. The programme was inaugurated byMr. Roshan, Tabala artist. Shri S G Shashidhar Kumar, Principal, Smt. Renukadevi D.N., Vice Principal, Mr.Siddaraju,folk singer,Ms. Eepsitha, Carnatic singer were present. The cultural competitions were solo dance, solo song,group dance, group song,fancy dress,couple dance,comedy based act and fashion show.The programme was coordinated by Mrs. Neetha Dalvi, Mrs.Manasa .M.Nursing Tutors.