JSS Women’s D.Ed. College, Saraswathipuram, Mysuru
About JSS TTI / D.El.Ed COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
JSS TTI / D.El.Ed COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, Saraswathipuram, Mysore was started in 1960. The institute provides education based on the principles of Gandhian Basic Education system. There were only five teachers training colleges all over Karnataka in 1960. This college follows the motto “Eat together, Live together and Pray together”.
On those days, it was not easy for women to stay in hostels. However, JSS succeeded in attracting women from far off places and provided them teacher training education. Earlier, the college was functioning in Lakshmipuram, Mysuru, in parent’s house of Kumari Jayalalitha, the former Chief minister of Tamilnadu. In 1964, it was shifted to Saraswathipuram premises where ‘Navajyothi Studio’ existed. A new, spacious and well-equipped building was constructed in the year 1995.
The institution gives importance for discilpline, cleanliness, Bhajan, Mass prayer along with moral and value based education. JSS Women’s D.Ed. College has a NSS Unit. Students participate in sports and cultural activities. The institutiopne publishes an annual magazine named “Arpana”. The Teachers Training Institutuoin has an adequate qualified and skilled staff, a well-stocked library and well-equipped laboratories. The college building is also called “Women’s Educational Complex”.
The college gives more opportunities to our upcoming teachers in every way. It organizes work-shops and lectures on personality development, soft skills and communication skills. It helps the students to develop their teaching skills along with their personality and knowledge.
JSS Teachers Training Institution for Women , Saraswathipuram, Mysore, trains its students to face the competitive world by conducting classes on TET regularly.
Courses Offered: Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) – this is a two year course, which includes 33 days internship. It is recognized by NCTE, Governemnt of Karnataka and affiliated to Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB), Bengaluru.
Intake for D.El.Ed., is 50 +50 =100
Medium of instruction: Kannada
Eligibility: The student should have completed PUC or any other equivalent examination, with a minimum of 50 % marks (45 % marks for SC, ST and Physically challenged students.)
Amenities at JSS Teachers Training Institution for Women
- Class Rooms: Spacious class rooms with good ventilation, natural light and ICT facility.
- Library: Library-cum-reading room with over 4,839 reference books. All leading journals, magazines, newspapers, educational journals and E-books are available in the reading room.
- Laboratories: Science, Educational Psychology, Educational Technology Laboratories with sufficient and advanced equipment
- Computer Lab: 15 Computers with internet connection. Advanced printers with other accessories and Xerox machine is also available.
- Sports facilities/ materials:
- Indoor games: Chess, Carom.
- Outdoor games: Volley-ball, Kho-Kho, Throw-ball, ball-badminton, Discus, Shot-put, Tennicot, Mass drill items like Rattan hoops, Wooden wands etc.
Auditorium: Well-equipped and spacious.
- Hostel: Available.
Co-curricular Activities at JSS Teachers Training Institution for Women
- Union activities
- Cultural activities
- Meditation and Bhajans on Saturdays
- NSS activities and camp
- Organizing TET coaching class by the Alumni
- Parents – Teachers meetings
- Discussion sessions- for students and faculties
- Counseling sessions.
- Comprehensive and continuing evaluation
- Encouragement to research at school level during practice teaching and internship.
- Organizing Quiz programs – based on academic and current events
- Personality development program
- Skill development class
- Feed back sessions for students and teachers
- Class on communication skills and soft skills
- Field trips
- Educational excursions
- Celebrations of national festivals
- SUPW (preparation of daily necessary things Ex: Phenyl, shampoo, washing-powder, soap-oil Etc.,)
- Stitching class
- Craft works
- Spoken English class with language laboratory experience
|Qualification||B.Sc., M.A. M.Ed., M.Phil.,|
|Name||BABY KAMALA. C|
|Qualification||Craft Course in Tailoring|
|Qualification||M.A. M.Ed. NET|
|Designation||P ELecturer (Part Time)|
|Qualification||M.A., M.P.Ed., K-SET|
|Designation||ICT Lecturer (Part Time)|
|Qualification||Diploma in Library Science|
JSS Teachers Training Institution for Women
(D.El. Ed College)
1st main, Saraswathipuram, Mysuru
Phone No.: 0821-2548265
E-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org