JSS Institute of Education (B.Ed.),College, Suttur
About JSS Institute of Education, Suttur
JSS Institute of Education, B.Ed college, Suttur, Nanjangud, was established in the year 2004-05. It is located in the JSSMVP school building in Suttur. The campus spreads across a sprawling 60 acres of land and is equipped with the best infrastructure. The location is in a serene atmosphere entirely free from pollution on the banks of River Kapila. Suttur is at a distance of 25 km from Mysuru city in Nanjanagud taluk.
Vision of the College
The College aims to produce excellent professionals and leaders, who are socially responsible and capable of imparting ‘Thoughtful Education to All Children’ (TEACH).
Mission of the College
To prepare skilful teachers and scholars who contribute to the betterment of education and all-round personality development of the students.
The institute provides sustainable quality teaching through the integration of Technology with Education. We teach our trainees to bring equity in learning in classrooms, through proper pedagogy and inclusive education.
Academic and Admission to JSS Institute of Education, Suttur
Course Details : As per the Regulations of N.C.T.E, duly approved by the Government of Karnataka and the University of Mysuru, duration of B.Ed. course is made two years from the Academic year 2015-16. The academic year usually begins from January every year. For complete details regarding the course structure and curriculum kindly visit University of Mysuru’s website http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in.
Medium of Instruction : English and Kannada
Intake: 50 Students
List of Student
Facilities at the Institute
Classrooms : College has well-furnished and spacious classrooms with good ventilation.
Laboratories: The College has Educational Technology Lab, Language Lab, Science Lab, Educational Psychology Lab, Curriculum Lab, etc. The College has ICT Resource Centre with 75 computers and has access to the Internet. The management maintains a Museum and a Science Park in the vicinity of the College.
Library: The College has a spacious library and reading room with a massive collection of over 33,000 books catering to the needs of education, perspectives, pedagogy, school textbooks, fiction, etc. Besides, various educational journals, magazines and newspapers are also subscribed.
Multi-purpose Playground: The College has a provision for various indoor and outdoor sports activities. It has a volleyball court, basketball court, football court, badminton court, cricket pitch, multi-gym, athletic track, etc., for the benefit of students.
Multi-purpose Hall: The College has a multi-purpose hall, where they hold the morning assembly. Also, seminars, conferences, workshops, etc., are organized here. The hall has a seating capacity of 350 students.
Basic Amenities: The College has pure drinking water facilities, separate toilets for gents and ladies, different ladies and gents restrooms, canteen facility etc.
Hostel:The College has separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls. Special preference is given for students from remote areas.
24×7 hospital: The College has a well-equipped hospital (with both Allopathy and Ayurveda treatments) that works 24×7 in its campus. The hospital is open for both students as well as the public.
Staff Quarters : Staff quarters are provided for the employees of JSS Mahavidyapeetha, and is at a walkable distance from the College.
Activities at JSS Institute of Education, Suttur
- During the beginning of the academic year, the College conducts Induction Programme, briefing the students about the Course, Curriculum, Campus life, etc. Office bearers are also introduced.
- The office-bearers for the students association are selected through elections.
- Inauguration of the Students Association is made in the presence of the invited Dignitaries.
- Different Clubs like Humanity Club, Science Club, Social Science Club, etc., conduct various activities to nourish the knowledge and social cohesion among the students.
- Students are provided with ample opportunity to participate in the Annual Jathra events conducted by JSS Mahavidyapeetha at Suttur. This will enhance the spirit of co-operation, co-ordination, leadership qualities, time management, etc., among the students.
- Students are provided with an opportunity to bring out a fortnightly ‘wall magazine’ titled ‘GOPA’. The articles to this magazine are contributed by the students themselves; poems, short stories, essay, drawings, humorous articles, etc., are written by the students. The best articles published in ‘GOPA Wall Magazine’, will be selected for the Yearly College Magazine ‘Gnanasiri’.
- Periodical tests, tutorials, seminars, special lectures, etc., are conducted as a part of academic activities.
- Students are made to participate in the personality development course, spiritual lectures, etc., organized by the institution periodically.
- Students are also encouraged to participate in the orientation and training programmes, organized by the JSS Academic and Administrative Training Institute. This program is meant for in-service teachers, residing in the B.Ed. College premises at Suttur.
- Before practising teaching, the students will be given guidance and demonstration by expert teachers of Secondary School Education.
- Importance is given to games, sports and cultural activities as part of Co-curricular Activities.
- Community Living Camp is organized annually at different places as a part of the curriculum of University of Mysuru.
- Students are trained and encouraged to participate in debates, elocution, essay writing competitions, etc., held in other colleges. A good number of our students have won prizes and awards in these activities.
- All the national festivals are celebrated in the College.
Non-Teaching Staff details
|Name||Smt Shashikala S|
|Name||Smt Hemalatha H C|
|Qualification||PUC, Dip in Library Science|
|Name||Sri Jagadeesha H M|
|Name||Sri.Mahesha K G|
JSS Institute of Education (B.Ed College),
Suttur Srikshetra, Nanjangud Taluk,
Mysuru District – 571 129.
Office Phone: 08221-232928
Contact Principal: 9844358513