About JSS Public School, HSR Layout
The school, which was started in HSR layout, Bangalore is a co-educational English medium school affiliated to CBSE Board, New Delhi. The institution lays emphasis in developing the physical abilities, intellectual skill, emotional stability, social adjustments and cultural appreciation along with moral thinking. The school was started in 2004-2005, It provides best in class facilities to achieve excellence in education. The current strength of the school is 1300. The campus is uniquely designed to facilitate a robust learning experience. Importance is given for activity based learning process, athletics, compulsory games, music, dance, karate, yoga, etc.
The school envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic integrated education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavor. The school is committed to providing quality education along to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners.
- To evolve a multidimensional learning process and environment to create confident and enterprising future citizens
- To provide a dynamic and vibrant environment to help the students meet the ever-changing societal demands.
- To cultivate and nurture intellectual skills, emotional stability, social adjustments, cultural appreciation and physical abilities
- Instill moral thinking to develop sound powers of judgement and a sense of responsibility towards the local and global community
- To inculcate skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, independent thinking, social responsibility and right perception
- To develop a global sense of belonging and achieve a National and International understanding.
The institution has best in class facilities and creates a conducive atmosphere for learning. The building houses spacious, well-furnished and well-maintained classrooms, The science laboratories are well-equipped with latest experiments and specimen. The school also has a math lab, social science lab, language lab and computer lab which helps the children gain practical knowledge on respected subjects. The school houses a large and exhaustive library, imaginatively-stocked with over 7,000 titles that cover fiction and non-fiction in all genres and subjects including encyclopedias for students to refer and develop their knowledge. The school also subscribes various magazines and newspapers for the benefit of students and teachers.
JSS strongly believes in the saying: “A healthy body is the key to a healthy mind.” The school encourages the students to take part in various sports. The following sports facilities are provided:
- Two practice stands for cricket coaching
- Two basketball courts
- One hockey ground
- Courts for volleyball, throwball, kabbaddi and kho kho
- Two indoor courts for Badminton
- Six table tennis tables in indoor games hall (where twenty four students can get trained at a time) for students of classes I to IV
- Exclusive, professional coaches for each sports etc.