JSS is synonymous with excellence in education. JSS Mahavidyapeetha is one of the biggest private organizations in India under Jagadguru Sri Veerashimhasana Samsthana Math, Suttur with nearly 400 institutions running under its umbrella,JSS School of Nursing, Kollegal, was established in the year 2004 is one among them.
JSS School of Nursing is located in taluk headquarters of Kollegal, in Chamarajanagar district. Kollegal is a town located 60 kms away from Mysuru. Kollegal is well-known for silk and pilgrimage centre MM Hills.
Course offered: General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) – 3 years Course
Intake: Management quota: 45,Government quota: 05
- Academic year : September to August
- Last date of regular admission : 31st August every year. The waiting list and other admission process should be completed by 15th September every year.
- Annual Examination will be held in the month of August every year, announcement of the result in the month of November
Admission terms and conditions
1. Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM:
- 10+2 with 40% marks from any recognized board. However Science is preferable.
- Candidates from State Open School, recognized by the State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government are also eligible.
- Registered ANM
- There will be a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
- Minimum age for admission is 17 years. (as on 31st December of respective year). The upper age limit is 35 years. For ANM/LHV, there is no age limit.
- Medical fitness of students is also a criteria for admission
Application will be issued every year in the month of April-June
Faculty: The School has highly experienced and competent teaching staff.
Library: The school has adequate amount of books, journalsto provide students a comprehensive academic orientation.
he school has well equipped labs for conducting experimental studies in respective subjects.
- Principal office
- Office for vice-principal
- Office for faculty members
- Nutrition Lab
- Fundamentals of Nursing Lab
- OBG Lab
- Community Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology Lab
- A.V. Aids Lab
- Multi-purpose hall
- Record Room
- Store Room
- Room for Audio-visual Aids.
- Fire extinguisher
- Other Facilities
Safe Drinking water and adequate sanitary/toilet facilities available with hand washing facility.
- A well-furnished hostel for female students.
- No. of Rooms : 71
- Total strength : 210
- Students of JSS School of Nursing get maximum exposure and practical experience through the 1800 bedded JSS Hospital,Mysore which is the parent hospital.
- The Government Hospital, Kollegal, which is a 170 bedded hospital, also provides good practical experience to the students.
The student nurses are assigned for a specific period of time, to gain maximum experience in community health nursing by planning, selecting and arranging observation visits and field experience.
- Classrooms with accommodation capacity of 50 students in each room.
- Classrooms are well ventilated, supported by efficient lighting system and LCD
This school also provides separate transport facilities to the students.
- Organizing and participating in all National Health programmes.
- Celebration of State/National festivals.
- Organizing and participating in various Health Camps
- Annual cultural meet (KALARAVA) and Annual sports meet (SANGARSHA).
- Lamp lighting and oath taking ceremony
- Fresher’s day and Farewell Party
- Founders day
- Teachers day
- Nurses day
JSS School of Nursing,
SS women’s college campus
MM Hills Road,