Year of Establishment : 2004
Type of Institution (Aided/Unaided): Unaided
Recognized by:- Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, vide order No. 18-15/2809-INC, dt:26-02-08 and Karnataka State Nursing Council, Bengaluru, vide order No.: KNC/133/07 Dt:07-06-07, School Code No: 350
Head of the Institution:- Smt. V Vinolia Raj
M.Sc. in Community Health Nursing, M.Sc. in Psycology, Principal.
- Intake is 50
- Government Seat -5
- Management Seat -45
- Academic year – 1st September to 31st August of every year
- Last date of regular admissionsn – 31st August of every year. Waiting list under the admission process should be completed by 15th of August of every year
- Annual Examination – In the month of August every year
- Announcement of result – November or December of every year
- Eligibility: Minimum and maximum age for admission is 17 and 35 years. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
- Minimum Education – Pass in 10+2, preferably Science (PCB) & English, with aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board from the school and recognized by Indian Nursing Council with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
- Student should be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY, conducted by National Institute of Open School with 40% marks.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
- Duration of Course – 3 Years
- Anatomy & Physiology Lab -1
- Fundamental of Nursing -1
- Nutrition – 1
- MCH & Community Lab -1
Computer Center: Common computer lab
Library: Well-equipped library with adequate books and journals
Hostel: The college also has separate hostels for boys and girls.
Others Teaching aids, OHP projector, Charts and Models.
Sports: Cricket, Chess, Carom, Tenecot, Throw ball, Volleyball, Shuttle badminton
- World Diabetic Day and Children’s Day celebration
- World AIDS day celebration
- Lamp Lighting & Graduation Day celebration
- Farewell party
- International Nurses Day Celebration
- World Mental Health Day
- Fresher’s Day Celebration
- Kannada Rajyothsava, Kanakadasa Jayanthi and Children’s day celebration
- Lamp Ligthing ceremony
- New year celebration
Health programme – Calender
- Mar 8th – International Womens Day
- April 7th – World Health Day
- April 17th – World Haemophilia Day
- May 12th – International Nurses Day
- May 17th – World Hypertension Day
- May 31st – World No Tobacco Day
- June 5th – World Environment Day
- June 14th – World Blood Donor Day
- June 26th – International Day against Drug Abuse
- July 11th – World Population Day
- July 28th – World Hepatitis Day
- August 1st week – Breast feeding Day
- September 29th – World Heart Day
- October 1st – Breast cancer awareness month
- October 10th – World Mental Health Day
- October 20th – National Osteoporosis Day
- November 14th – National Diabetic Day
- December 1st – World AIDS Day
- February 4th – World Cancer Day
JSS School of Nursing,
Kowdally, P.B. No:26, Sakaleshpur-573134,
Hassan Dist., Karnataka